Well, there is certainly a lot of information out on the web telling people how to prepare/stage their home for sale, but not many experts giving advice on how to prepare for the home inspections to help make things run smoothly and to not raise any red flags!
We, at BK Property Team, believe this is of the upmost importance!
After speaking with many inspectors, some of the key things they recommended were to:
1. Clear out under your sinks
2. Clear access to your electrical panel box
3. Clear access to your attic and/or crawl space
4. Clear out your garage as much as possible
5. Move furniture away from walls to help the inspector see behind large objects (beds, dressers, couches, etc.)
6. Give clear access to your furnace and hot water heater
7. Change light bulbs inside and outside of your home making sure they are all working
8. Change batteries in smoke detectors
9. Change your furnace filter
These are just a few of the suggestions we have compiled, but should help make things go a lot smoother and hopefully avoid going back to the table with a price adjustment!
Please come back and vsit us often for more real estate tips and tricks!